Sunday, July 13, 2008

STEWART!!

For a wedding gift we got these awesome Camelbak backpacks. We realized the summer was half over and we still hadn't used them yet. So, we put some water in our packs and headed up the trail to Stewart Falls in the Canyon. WOW. Can we say that I am so out of shape? I used to hike that trail all the time without any problems..... but I almost DIED on the way up.... and the way back.... up. It goes up and downhill both ways, so there's never really a good break. It probably didn't help that Brett accidentally knocked me over and I was crippled on the way back. Seriously, not a problem.... we totally made it back.... after it rained on us. It was great! We're looking forward to the chance of using our Camelbak's again!




Here we are at the waterfall! I was dying of heat until we got to the falls and the mist was pouring down on us. Then I was freezing cold! (Crazy how that temperature change happens so quickly!)



Here's Stewart Falls in all of her glory. It's a gorgeous waterfall, and (p.s.) I've been under that waterfall before! It was SOOOOOO cold and the water was coming down so fast I thought the water was going to make my contacts fall out, even with my eyes closed! I love Stewart!

3 comments:

Justin said...

Oh Stewart Falls! The memories and the smells of peach rings and nasty ham sandwiches. Gotta love it.

Justin said...

Oops, that comment above is from me (Erika).

Lauren Maley said...

I will always remember the ward activity to Stewart and you, Li & I jogging back to the car after spending 30 minutes playing the water. I think we were kind of crazy but it was so fun!