Monday, November 7, 2011

The Terrible Twos are Upon Us!!

Well, I guess this post really SHOULD be titled: Happy 2nd Birthday to the Bubs, but I think the terrible twos being upon us is pretty accurate too! This kid's been in the "terrible twos" phase for about 6 months already... so does that mean I only have six more months and then he'll be an angel again?

So, after downloading the pictures from his party, I realized that we didn't really take that many! We were very video camera oriented this year, so we got A LOT of sweet video... including a classic Bubster tantrum (SO using it for blackmail in the future), so we didn't get a ton of pictures. Therefore, to make up for it, I have put a "Bubster through the years" montage (minus the slideshow and music... ok, ok, so it's 3 pictures.... some montage, eh?) to make up for our appalling lack of documentation. Enjoy!


Our Sweet Bubster-- November 3, 2009



Amazing what a year can do! The Bubs, November 2010



Our crazy 2 year old! Man, we love this kid!



The "Happy Birthday" table. Uhh.... do you SEE that huge pile of presents? He is WAY spoiled...


Another shot of the serious loot he was getting....


His "Cars" birthday cake made by yours truly. Not my favorite cake I've made... but he's 2, so he won't notice, right?


Enter the THREE pictures we got of him. We stripped him down to partake of his cake. Silly us. We should have known that he would be a dainty little lady while eating his cake. He proceeded to eat the icing off of the cake one fingertip at a time. He didn't touch the actual cake. And the one mess he made? Spilling a tiny bit of ice cream on his chest and freaking out about it for about 5 minutes....


Frosting is ESPECIALLY tasty when eaten daintily.


Eating and skyping with Mama Rae and Papi. And yup, that's it. Those are all the pictures we got. Gold star for us as parents.


It was a fun day, and the biggest present he got was a Big Boy Bed. He slept in it for the first time on Saturday. I was expecting to be up ALL night, and miraculously, he went down very easily and slept the ENTIRE night, and has done so every night since....knock on wood. He won't nap in it yet, but I'm working on that and hopefully by the time Caleb gets here, he'll be a Big Boy Bed pro!


We are so grateful to have our sweet Bubs. He brings so much joy to our lives. We can't even begin to imagine what our lives would be like without him.... Happy Birthday, little man!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday!!! Alex only eats the frosting too--silly boys!! I think your cake is awesome--cute idea!!

Lindsey Smith said...

He is such a cutie. The cake turned out awesome. Way to go.