Well, after spending a record amount of time at the doctor's office today (yep, 2 whopping hours) we have found out that our son is FAT. We're talking, a serious manchild. So much so that I have to stop eating carbs because of him. Seriously? I LOVE carbs. They are my life. They are what I crave more than anything in the world, and I have to stop cold turkey? It's a good thing I love this kid!
So, I'm 30 weeks along and Bubba (formerly known as Lil' Mikey..... since he's not so little, he shall henceforth be known as Bubba.) is a whopping 3 lbs., 11 oz. HUGE! That's what he is! My doctor told me that he's not worried about MY weight; I'm doing just fine. It's just the big baby that needs to chill out a little! So no carbs for the Nikster for about 8 more weeks. We've been told that we are to be induced on Oct. 27th because he is a little bigger than they would like him to be, and they don't want me having a 10 pound kid for my first one. So, that's the update for today. Anyone know good things to eat that DON'T involve carbs? It's going to be a long 8 weeks....
10 years ago

7 comments:
That stinks Nikki! I'm sorry :( I think it is amazing though how they can see potential problems so far in advance and prevent them. At least you won't have to deliver a 10 pound baby! I bet he will have cute cheeks!
Bwahahaha! I know it's not really funny, especially not the carb part, but what are the odds that you've got your own little chunker in there? Hey, a man who likes good food and knows how to take it in? There is nothing wrong with that! :) Good luck! I MISS YOU!
just curious who your dr is? my uncle is an OBGYN out there.
Wow, good luck with that. Mmmm, this pasta and bread is so good.
Wow! That's crazy. I was 10 lbs. when I was born. I don't know how my mom did it. I'm glad they are noticing now so they can keep his weight down. Congratulations. You'll be a great mom!
Haha your post cracked us up! I will keep my eyes open for good, non-carb foods (if there is such a thing) ;). Sorry, I'm just kidding. I'm sure there are some yummy recipes out there that you can have. He is going to be such a cute baby with those adorable cheeks that look like they're melting off his face! Love ya guys and give Bubba our love as well. :D
Post a Comment