Whew! I am so relieved that Friday is over! I was in charge of the field trip for our 5th grade class up to Shadow Mountain (a fun little camp area in Hobble Creek Canyon.) It was an insane amount of work, and I was worried sick that I had forgotten many things, or that it would rain, but our prayers were answered and the day went without a hitch. The parents that came up and volunteered were FANTASTIC!!! They made my job so much easier! My co-workers say that they owe me big time... I'm just excited that I never have to plan it again :) Here are some pictures of the highlights of the day.....
So, here are a couple of pictures from the morning. We did different rotations all through the day. In the morning we had the frames (where they decorated picture frames), wildlife observations, and making rope. In the afternoon they got to make fire, throw tomahawks, play a fun game, and then play some team building games with our school counselor. Oh, we all had matching shirts where the kids drew a self portrait and they were printed on the shirt. Brett has one too :) I was also really happy because Brett made it up to Shadow Mountain for the last couple of hours. It was REALLY fun to have him there with us!
Well, we have a fireside tonight, so I think that's all I'm going to do for right now! We're still waiting to hear back from Arizona for Grad. School, but are not giving up hope yet! I'll post it when we get the good news!

3 comments:
Looks like fun Snickers! And I'm glad that you are done with it and never have to do it again! :) Let us know when you hear about Arizona.
What a fun field trip! I'm sure most of those kids will always remember that. And yay for it being over! It's so nice to get through those hard tasks and not have to stress about them anymore.
Wow! Love the flag and I'm impressed you took that on. I hate taking on field trips because they are so much work. Congrats on getting it done and having it be successful.
Post a Comment