Friday, February 11, 2011

Limbo

Limbo-- I hate Limbo. I'm not just talking about the game (because, really, all the game is, is seeing who can break their back first) but my life being in LIMBO. HATE it. Unfortunately, I've been feeling like my life has been in limbo for the last... I don't know...8 years. Yep, ever since I left home. Every year I had to decide where I wanted to live, what job I was going to get, what roommates I wanted to be with. Then boys entered the picture and it was always, am I ever going to get a date? Is this THE ONE? Then it was, am I going to get into my major? What school will I get a job at? Can I really do this whole teaching thing? Then, we got married and a whole other side of limbo started. Where are we going to move? What school will we get into? Then I was pregnant. WOW-- limbo all over the place... for NINE MONTHS! What will our baby be? Will he be healthy? WHEN will this kid come out?? And now that we're getting close to being done with school-- limbo has entered into our lives once again....

Right now we're trying to start the search for jobs. (I know, WHAT?? Are we really almost done with school??) We've decided that we want to do a loan forgiveness program to help get us out of debt nice and quick. This means, however, that we will be living in the middle of nowhere for about 4 years. We applied to 3 different cities/towns already and have been rejected by 2. The only job we haven't heard back from yet, is the one that I want the most. It's in Thornton, Colorado and is a perfect place for me. It's a CITY-- yes, NOT in the middle of nowhere. It's close to the temple, it's close to the airport, and I enjoy the fact that it's only about an hour away from Fort Collins. All a win-win-win. But for some reason, Thornton is NOT getting back to us. What does this mean?? Do they want us, do they not? I just wish they would tell us, one way or the other and make the LIMBO leave! Ok, enough of the rant about limbo.

In other news, the Bubs turned 15 months last week and we got to go to the doctor. Here are his 15 month stats:

Height: 33 inches (90%)
Weight: 24 lbs (50%)
Head: I can't remember, but it's in the 90%
So again, he's a tall, skinny little man. He's perfectly healthy, doing well with his development and did ok with his shots. He now has added some animal sounds to his repitoire, and knows what a sheep, seal, lion, and kitty says. He's so smart :)
Well, someday, we're going to be out of limbo-- when that day comes, I'll be sure to let you know. But until then, get out a broomstick, play some music, and let the back breaking begin...

5 comments:

Lisa said...

The waiting game is so hard! I hope you get the CO position! That would be awesome! We'll pray for you guys!

Tara said...

I hate waiting...so sorry. Hope it ends soon :)

JJ and Kimberly Taylor said...

I totally understand. I hate having to plan JJ's 4th year right now. Everything has to be so stratigic for possible residency locations. For the love, can't I just say this is what I want now just make it happen! Well good luck I hope that you get the one in CO!

Tyler Pulsipher said...

I know what you're talking about. I've been limbo for awhile...trying to plan around things things you can't control is tough. I guess you just have to make a plan and go with it-just take a chance on it-you'll be glad you did. Hope your plsn includes CO!

Steve and Stace said...

Oh Niks! Did you end up hearing from Thornton? We had the limbo of where would we get into grad school (just a bit behind you guys) :) Right now I'm in the maze of newborn-ness! Every woman who has ever had a child impresses me now more than EVER. You are quite the woman!! :) I miss you lots!!