Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Venting of an Irritated Commuter

So, I just really need to get my feelings out about the last week. The weather has been so terrible and I am SICK of it! Last week was pretty stressful at school because we had such a crazy week. It was full of assemblies, and special programs that made my kids absolutely CRAZY. Then, to top everything off, the icky weather moved in. I love Utah. I love the mountains, and the changing of the leaves, and the joy of living in a bubble, but I HATE SNOW! I don't know if I am cursed and that's why Utah has had the worst winters in the world the past 6 years that I've lived here, but I am so tired of seeing white stuff falling out of the sky. You know, it IS pretty, and really fun to look at from the warm indoors. However, driving in it is a totally different story.

I know that most of you have heard this story, but I will put it into print for everyone to see. So last Friday, I was driving to school (it was raining on this particular day) and as I was driving on the freeway, my windshield wipers decided that it was a great time to have a huge fight. They attacked each other and the right wiper (unfortunately) won. Therefore, I am driving on the freeway without a working left windshield wiper. This was unfortunate because a) I couldn't see anything b) cars kept driving by me and splashing my already soaking wet car c) I thought I was going to die. Luckily, that didn't happen and my wipers are now fixed, but I am still SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of commuting. It is so stressful, especially when the weather is bad. I am so looking forward to Arizona where there will be no evil snow....

Ok, the end of my rantings and ravings about the evil weather.

3 comments:

Christine and Nick said...

amen. I can't wait to get back to AZ!!!!!

Anonymous said...

seriously.

it's like antarctica.

i won't be surprised if i trip over a penguin one of these days.

happy snow.

;)

Doug and Megan said...

You updated! And without me saying anything. Way to go! Sorry you hate the snow. I thought I missed it until we had our huge snow storm up here and I realized how much I hate driving in it and being home bound because I wouldn't drive in it. Luckily it's your last winter in it for awhile!